A nutritional counselor can help you master a balanced diet, which is one of the most important factors of good health. Whether you want to manage a chronic illness like diabetes or lose weight, changing your eating habits can be the difference between success and failure.
Nutrition counseling is typically conducted by a registered dietician or a certified nutrition counselor. They use a proven approach to help patients meet physical, emotional and mental needs through a healthy diet. These professionals use knowledge of nutrition and behavioral change to help their clients make a change. They usually work one-on-one with clients and listen closely to their patients to understand their diet and lifestyle. Nutrition counselors then help their patients make the connection between what they feel and how they eat. Understanding how feelings influences eating can help patients make different choices about food.
Can a Nutrition Counselor Help Me?
Nutrition counseling is not only for people with chronic diseases or health problems. Many people can benefit from working with a nutrition counselor. They are especially helpful for people that want to:
- Improve digestion
- Reduce weight-related pain
- Increase energy
- Manage depression
- Overcome eating disorders
- Manage chronic illness, such as heart disease or diabetes
In addition to helping with the above issues, nutrition counselors can be especially helpful for people that:
- Have tried diet after diet to lose weight, all to no avail
- Find it easier to stay motivated when they have someone to encourage and support them in changing behaviors
- Struggle with depression, anxiety or an eating disorder
- Have digestive issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn and bloating that constantly interfere with eating habits
- Experience constant food cravings that they cannot ignore
As you can see there are a number of benefits of working with a nutrition counselor. These are just a few of the situations in which they are helpful. Most people can benefit from the expertise of a nutrition counselor to help them make better choices about food.
Looking for professional nutritional consulting services? Contact Diverse Health Solutions today. From anxiety medication to depressional and nutritional supplements, we have a variety of natural health solutions for you.